Henry Davis York
aspire. what are your hopes and ambitions for the future? contribute. how will you make a difference to HDY, our profession and our community? thrive. what do you need to reach your full potential?
Who are we?
Henry Davis York is an independent Australian law firm with talented lawyers and other professionals. Our clients are primarily from the financial services and government sectors. We are also proud to work alongside an impressive list of clients from other sectors to achieve their objectives. We do this in a way that clients and staff alike enjoy the HDY experience and choose us as their preferred legal services provider.
Our clients include the big four Australian banks, global investment banks, insolvency & accounting firms, fund managers, property developers, manufacturing companies, regulatory bodies and government agencies.
We offer our clients a wide range of legal services from the following practice areas:
- Banking & Finance
- Construction & Major Projects
- Corporate/ M&A
- Dispute Resolution
- Government Inquiries, Commissions & Inquests Insurance Intellectual Property
- Investments and Financial Services Property, Environment & Planning
- Restructuring &
- Tax Technology
- Workplace Relations & Safety
What are we looking for in a summer clerk?
The quality of our people is the key to our success. Recruiting the right people at every level is therefore a critical part of our strategy. Our summer clerks become part of the HDY team and contribute to our growth and culture from day one. So, they must be:
- Self-driven, highly motivated and eager to develop and take on responsibility.
- Energised by being part of a team and focused on “we” rather than “I”.
- Respectful of others and respected by others.
A successful candidate will have a solid academic record, some relevant work experience, demonstrated leadership skills and a keen interest in commercial law.
Why should you apply for our program?
We understand what you are looking for in a summer clerk program. We listen to what our summer clerks tell us about their experience with us and how we can build on it each year. This means we know what’s most important to you and our program delivers this for you:
- Exposure to high quality, meaningful work.
- The opportunity to contribute and take on responsibility as part of a team.
- A supportive, collaborative environment where your contribution matters and which fosters your development.
- The chance to work with motivated and talented lawyers and have fun too.