Paralegal at Corrs Chambers Westgarth
Corrs Chambers Westgarth is one of Australia's leading national law firms. The Legal Technology Solutions group manages Corrs paralegals and is currently recruiting in the Sydney office for casual paralegals. Candidates must be available 4-5 days per week. We are seeking applicants who have either completed their legal studies, are in the final stages of their law degree or undertaking practical legal training. Candidates must have achieved credit average or higher in their law degree.
This is an ideal opportunity to gain the practical experience that is required to complete admission requirements.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team, and interact with people from different backgrounds in an energetic way to achieve common goals. Previous experience in the legal industry is an advantage but not required, however you must have a track record of performing above expectations both academically and in your extra-curricular activities.
These positions will provide you with the opportunity to obtain quality legal experience and experience working in a top tier law firm.
For more information, please see this link
Paralegal at FremantleMedia
FremantleMedia Australia is one of Australia’s largest television and content production companies and we are currently seeking a Paralegal for a full-time position to join the team in our head office in St Leonards. The successful candidate will have an acute attention to detail and previous legal experience in a fast-paced commercial environment or private practice. You will provide support and assistance to the legal team in all legal and business affairs queries arising out of the television production business. This will include reviewing and drafting standard contracts and providing general transactional and production support and administration assistance.
Your role will extend to the following:
• Draft and reviewing contestant agreements, contributor agreements, location agreements and leases
• Draft standard writers agreements, consultancy and employment agreements
• Footage licences and other rights Clearances
• Assisting in music clearances and licences
• Liaising and coordinating the contracting process within the various areas of the business
• Occasional filing and archiving
• Assistance with administrative insurance matters
The Successful Candidate should:
• Have a background in law/legal studies and/or currently studying law
• Have some commercial legal experience, strong administration or project coordination support background, combined with some exposure to contract administration and basic drafting, paralegal or business administration
• Have the ability to prioritise tasks and projects and provide timely support
• Be client focused
• Be a proactive communicator and team player
• Know when to seek assistance and supervision
• Possess knowledge of contract law (essential)
• Have good computer skills (word & outlook)
• Have some knowledge of intellectual property law (highly regarded but not essential) If you believe you've got what it takes please email your application including a CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Company website: www.fremantlemedia.com.au
Applications close on Friday 10 November 2017.
Paralegal at the Office of General Counsel, University of Sydney
The Office of General Counsel (OGC) is the University of Sydney’s in-house legal office. The OGC is responsible for the provision of high quality legal services to all areas of the University, including the Senate, the Vice-Chancellor and other senior executives.
Successful applicants will support lawyers in several areas of practice including property, employment, trusts, commercial law and intellectual property. The work to be undertaken may include legal research, the preparation of draft agreements, proof reading, filing and general administrative support.
Preferred candidates will have strong academic results and will either be undertaking a Juris Doctor, or be in at least their third year of a Bachelor of Laws. Successful candidates will be well-organised, resourceful, have strong interpersonal skills, and demonstrate a willingness to work as part of a team. Attention to detail, reliability and the capacity to work systematically are vital. Candidates must have the ability to write clearly and succinctly, and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Whilst previous experience as a paralegal or intern will be considered favourably, it is not essential.
Successful candidates will be in a position to work at least 2 days per week from 4 December 2017. Additional days may be available during holiday periods. Remuneration is $30.23 per hour (Casual – HEO 2 – Level 1).
Applications will close at 5pm on 27 October and interviews will be conducted shortly thereafter.
Applicants are to forward a CV, academic transcripts and a brief cover letter (including contact details and any restrictions regarding interview dates/time) to Ms Tania Serov: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, see this link.