Continuing Volunteer Roles
Legal Secretary – PLT at Bransgroves Lawyers
We are looking for highly motivated and passionate law graduates who are interested in gaining their PLT.
Bransgroves is a boutique mortgage law firm based in Martin Place. We specialise in a range of mortgage related services, including advances, discharges and enforcement. In addition, we conduct matters involving trail disputes, aggregation and sub-broker structuring, mortgage-based asset protection, mortgage securitisation, mortgage fund compliance and negligent mortgage professionals.
The role will involve a range of administrative and office duties, as well as assisting with paralegal work.
We have several spots open so we encourage all eligible Sydney University law graduates to apply.
For more information about our firm, please visit http://www.bransgroves.com.au/.
To apply, please email your CV, cover letter and transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thrive Lawyers PLT
THRIVE LAWYERS is a boutique law firm located in Riverwood. We are friendly, knowledgeable team with best client services. At present, there are one position available for the right candidates to gain experience.
As a PLT student you will have the opportunity to gain experience with a diverse and varied client base - predominantly in the areas of family law, immigration, wills and probate and conveyancing. You will have the opportunity to:
- Take detailed instructions from client phone enquiries
- Undertake legal research and preparing case summaries
- Draft correspondences, legal documents and advice
- Filing, photocopying and ad hoc related tasks
- Drafting Liaising with relevant parties, departments and authorities
- General administrative tasks, including but not limited to file management, data entry and document filing
- Attending settlement and filing at court
- Preparing & Lodging visa applications
- Assist principal with marketing tasks.
The ideal applicant must:
- Be able to undertake placement for a minimum of 2-3 days a week (can negotiate)
- Undertake a minimum of 50 days practical legal training
- Have exceptional time management skills and punctuality
- Have an excellent attention to detail
- Have an excellent level of written and spoken English
- Be motivated, proactive and can-do attitude.
- All candidates must have appropriate visa permitting them to work in Australia.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, resume and academic transcripts addressed to email@example.com with the subject heading PLT PLACEMENT.
- Ensure that your cover letter states your available start date, preferred days and why you think you will be a fit for our firm.
- This is an unpaid placement.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 30 JUNE 2018. ANY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE CLOSING DATE WILL BE KEPT ON FILE FOR FUTURE OPENINGS.
PLT Placement: Not-for-profit Law Service, Sydney
We currently have positions available to work with our specialist legal service Not-for-profit Law, based in our Sydney CBD office, commencing as soon as possible.Not-for-profit Law provides free and low-cost legal assistance to not-for-profit community organisations around Australia.
We are looking for applicants who:
- have completed or are close to completing the College of Law Practical Legal Training program, or an equivalent program at another institution
- can volunteer 3 or more days a week (applicants who can volunteer 2 days a week will also be considered), and
- undertake a minimum of 60 days (preferable) of practical legal training at Justice Connect
PLT placements at Justice Connect are unpaid positions. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are highly encouraged to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the positions will be open until filled.
TEN is looking for 1-2 motivated Legal Interns who are each available at least 2 days per week for an unpaid practical legal training placement with a potential progression to a paid paralegal role. As a Legal Intern you will gain valuable legal and media industry experience as part of our energetic and professional in-house legal team in an evolving media industry.
For more information about the requirements and how to apply, see this document.
Practical Legal Training Placement at Network Ten
The ABC’s in-house legal team is once again offering its highly popular work experience placements in 2018. These are unpaid placements for 5 weeks based in ABC Legal offices in the Ultimo, NSW.
For more information about what is required to apply, please see this document.
Practical Legal Training Placement at ABC
Volunteer Paralegal at IP Service International Pty Ltd
IP Service International Pty Ltd is looking for a Paralegal to start in late April/early May. The position is a volunteer, unpaid role with potential for paid work in the future. The position is part time and the applicant should be available on Monday and Thursday.
Amnesty International Refugee Casework and Human Rights Casework Interns
Amnesty International Australia is currently recruiting a number of part-time Refugee Casework Interns/Volunteers and part-time Human Rights Casework Interns/Volunteers. These casework internships/volunteer placements run from 15 Jan 2018 to 17 August 2018 (inclusive). Refugee Casework Interns/Volunteers and Human Rights Casework Interns/Volunteers respond to requests for assistance and reports of human rights concerns in Australia and across the globe. Casework internships/volunteer placements run for seven months in total (six months plus a two week induction and a two week exit handover.) Caseworkers work part-time and generally commit to working three days a week. The positions are unpaid, volunteer positions.
Further information about each of these positions and links to the full job descriptions can be found here: