legal secretary at 12 Wentworth Selborne Chambers
We have an invaluable opportunity for a law student as a legal secretary for two senior barristers, Gregory Sirtes SC and Nicholas Beaumont SC, at 12 Wentworth Selborne Chambers.
The role is a casual position (2-3 days/week) best suited for a current law student with at least 1-2 years remaining in their degree. Flexibility is offered during exam periods and holidays.
If successful, your responsibilities will include transcription, proofreading, legal research and administration. The position is available for immediate start and pay is $25/hour.
While administrative experience is well-regarded, it is not essential. Rather, you will ideally possess the following:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Common sense and willingness to take initiative
- Excellent typing skills
- Understanding of confidentiality
- Preferably live within 10 kilometres of the city
To apply, please send your latest CV in an email briefly outlining your suitability, the days you are available to work and when you are able to start, to Sian O'Shaughnessy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Sunday 20 August.
Associate to Justice Hall Supreme court of WA
Applications are invited for the position of Associate to the Hon Justice Hall at the Supreme Court of Western Australia. The length of tenure for this position is 12 months (early January 2018 – early January 2019).
Prospective applicants should possess the following attributes:
A law degree, or nearly completed law degree;
- A high level of academic achievement (Honours or equivalent is desirable but not essential);
Outstanding research and analytical skills;
Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills; and
Editorial skills are an advantage.
Successful applicant must be available to commence in early January 2018.
Applications should include a covering letter, curriculum vitae and current academic transcript (or a certified copy). Please scan your academic transcript (or a certified copy). You may then be required to bring the original if you are invited to attend an interview.
Please send applications by email to: Ms Thea Chee, Associate to the Hon Justice Hall Email: email@example.com Phone: (08) 9421 5240
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 12PM, WEDNESDAY 23 AUGUST 2017 (WST)
Associate to Judge Hatzistergos 2018
His Hon. Judge Hatzistergos invites applications from final year law students (or recent graduates) who are interested in serving as his Associate in 2018.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Tact, discretion and judgment to maintain strictest confidentiality at all times
- Well-developed typing skills for effective data entry, word processing and email;
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrated strong organisation, administrative and problem solving skills and high level of time management skills;
- Ability to use initiative to prepare judgments, correspondence and memoranda and undertake research; and
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Interested candidates should submit a current resume, cover letter and academic transcript to: firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business, Friday, 14 July 2017. In your cover letter, please advise what date(s) you are able to commence the role should you be successful. For more information see this link
legal analyst at law of the jungle
Looking for an outstanding law student or graduate with strong credentials and a passion to contribute in arguably the most exciting line of business available in the law. The role, which would require 20+ hours of availability per week (though actual work times are flexible).
- Exposure and access to major corporate enterprises at a surprisingly senior level
- A level of responsibility and ownership that will appeal to those who are ambitious to succeed, attentive to detail and willing to ask questions
- Deep involvement in cutting edge legal technology product development, with a particular focus on legal content development
- An opportunity to apply research skills in commercial law (competition, consumer, workplace, contracts, general)
For more information click this link